Call for applications: Arts Lab Faculty Fellowships
Following the report of the UGA Task Force on Arts Research and Practice, an Arts Lab Cluster has been formed to support creativity across the university. As part of this, two Arts Lab Faculty Fellowships are available for faculty in the performing or creative arts for Spring 2022.
- Two Arts Lab Faculty Fellowships to be held between January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022
- Arts Lab Faculty Fellowships are designed for faculty members in the performing or creative arts to develop practice, research and curriculum in the arts
- Support comprises one course release, and support funds up to $2000. Funds for arts instructional faculty who cannot commit to a semester away from instruction, but have need of a shorter period of study, practice, or research, can be considered by the selection committee.
Applicants must submit the following materials by email to Winnie Smith at email@example.com by 3 p.m. Friday, April 23, 2021.
- An artist’s statement (five pages maximum), comprising
- A clear list of objectives for the fellowship, which may include the possibility of archival, training, or networking travel; preparation for possible external grant sources
- A clear timeline for these activities, which may include justification for a whole, or partial, semester course release
- A description of the possible impacts of the fellowship on future teaching, scholarship, and practice
- A CV, which includes links to examples of practice and performance (five pages maximum)
- An email of approval for the application from the applicant’s unit head
Please contact Winnie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.