Global Georgia Initiative: Willson Center / Grady College Conversation – “Journalism and the Contemporary South”
109 Herty Dr
Athens, GA 30602
Join us for a conversation on journalism in the contemporary South with six panelists with national experience in the modern media and the challenges they face in telling the stories that speak to a tumultuous time.
- Eliza Borné, editor, Oxford American
- Valerie Boyd, professor, UGA Grady College of Journalism
- Richard Fausset, Atlanta bureau chief, The New York Times
- Alysia Nicole Harris, managing editor, Scalawag
- Pete McCommons, editor & publisher, Flagpole
- Chuck Reece, editor in chief, The Bitter Southerner
Dean Charles Davis of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication will moderate the discussion.
The event is presented in partnership with the Grady College, The Bitter Southerner, Flagpole, Oxford American, and Scalawag.
The Willson Center’s Global Georgia Initiative presents global problems in local context with a focus on how the arts and humanities can intervene. The series is made possible by the support of private individuals and the Willson Center Board of Friends.